Crumb Rubber Removal
Learn how SafetyFirst can replace your playground’s crumb rubber.
Why consider removing crumb rubber from your playgrounds?
- Many parent organizations calling for schools and cities to remove it from local playgrounds.
- According to the EPA, toxic chemicals, heavy metals and carcinogens have been found in rubber tires.
- Studies have found that, when heated, crumb rubber can emit volatile organic compounds, or VOCs, into the air.
Choose Nature’sPlus to replace your crumb rubber.
- Chain of custody from the forest to your playground, providing you with a cleaner, safer and cost effective surfacing option.
- Made of 100% tamarack, which is naturally resistant to mold and decay.
- A beautiful, bright, and long lasting playground surface.
- ASTM compliant, ADA Accessible
Rubber mulch made from shredded tires has been under increasing scrutiny by parent organizations in recent years with many parents calling for schools and cities to remove rubber mulch from local playgrounds. In February 2016 the EPA, CDC/ATSDR and CPSC launched a multi-agency research action plan on recycled tire crumb used on playgrounds and playing fields.
Our process starts by removing the crumb rubber and using permitted transport to haul the material the recycling facility. We will then provide you with a chain of custody certificate, for proper tracking of the material. Last, we will install Nature’sPlus, our 100% tamarack engineered wood fiber, leaving you with a cleaner, safer, more beautiful playground!