Outdoor learning backed by all-natural materials and community engagement
Helping Construct a Meaningful Natural Learning Environment
SafetyFirst can help create a natural learning environment for children in your community. Learning is no longer confined to the classroom, instead, outdoor learning provides a new space and opportunity to advance a child’s or community’s education. SafetyFirst makes creating these spaces an easy and engaging process. We provide the option for your staff or volunteers to work alongside our team to create a personalized outdoor space for communities to gather and learn.
SafetyFirst uses all-natural products to build unique structures and equipment. Specifically, this includes SafetyFirst’s unique offering to use the tree(s) on-site that need to be removed yet are special to the community or children in order to build personalized benches, desks, etc. for the outdoor classroom. Our in-house team will reuse these trees to carefully build classroom equipment to support the natural learning environment. SafetyFirst offers these services because we care about sustainability and the desire to embrace community value.
SafetyFirst’s Outdoor Classrooms Benefits
- Uses all-natural materials- Support natural learning using locally grown material, including our local Tamarack outdoor classroom surfacing
- Reuse your removed trees for classroom equipment- Build personalized classroom equipment from trees on-site to retain community significance
- Involve and collaborate with your team- SafetyFirst offers the opportunity for volunteers and community members to assist with the project
- Natural and long-lasting outdoor classroom surfacing- Provides a 100% local engineered wood fiber surfacing called Nature’sPlus
- Fourth-generation in the Minnesota wood industry- We share the personal connection to Minnesota trees and strive to sustain their beauty
What People Are Saying About Us
I have been using SafetyFirst surfacing material in my district’s playgrounds for several years now. We have been very impressed with the quality and impact attenuation of this product. I would highly recommend it for any organization looking for a quality, long lasting product for their playground surfacing needs.
Facilities and Safety Coordinator
Eden Prairie Schools, ISD 272
In my nearly 30 years of facility management, SafetyFirst is the finest playground service company I have worked with, Bob Clarin, president of SafetyFirst was always available and was on site daily. From the simplest repair, a missing bolt to a complete rebuild including drainage and play structure relocation, SafetyFirst completed the work well and on time.
Supervisor of Buildings & Grounds
Roseville Schools, ISD 623
I would like to express my satisfaction with the wood chips and mats that we have purchased from SafetyFirst. The chips bind together well to make a nice playground surface with the fall protection we need. Bob has always had the materials delivered on a timely basis and is very pleasant to work with. I am sure we will be doing more business Bob and SafetyFirst in the future.
Parks and Forestry Superintendent
City of Brookings, SD