Rubber Crumb Removal
We have your playground rubber mulch replacement covered
Choose a Cleaner, Safer, and More Beautiful Playground
According to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), toxic chemicals, heavy metals, and carcinogens have been found in rubber tires that can be transferred to the outdoor playground rubber mulch. Furthermore, studies have found that, when heated, crumb rubber can emit volatile organic compounds, or VOCs, into the air. This has caused rubber mulch from shredded tires to be under heightened scrutiny by parent organizations calling for schools and cities to remove playground rubber mulch to protect children from these harmful chemicals.
SafetyFirst provides playground crumb removal as well as offers a safe and clean playground flooring replacement, Nature’sPlus engineered wood fiber.
SafetyFirst’s Playground Crumb Removal Process
- Remove the playground rubber mulch
- Use permitted transport, SafetyFirst hauls the material to the recycling facility
- Provide a chain of custody certificate, for proper tracking of the material
- Install Nature’sPlus 100% Tamarack engineered wood fiber
- Resource: ArtificialTurfReport.PDF
More About Nature’sPlus
- Made of 100% Tamarack which is naturally resistant to mold and decay
- Creates a beautiful, bright, and long-lasting playground surface
- ASTM compliant and ADA Accessible
- Chain of custody from the forest to your playground, providing you with a cleaner, safer, and cost-effective surfacing option.
What People Are Saying About Us
I have been using SafetyFirst surfacing material in my district’s playgrounds for several years now. We have been very impressed with the quality and impact attenuation of this product. I would highly recommend it for any organization looking for a quality, long lasting product for their playground surfacing needs.
Facilities and Safety Coordinator
Eden Prairie Schools, ISD 272
In my nearly 30 years of facility management, SafetyFirst is the finest playground service company I have worked with, Bob Clarin, president of SafetyFirst was always available and was on site daily. From the simplest repair, a missing bolt to a complete rebuild including drainage and play structure relocation, SafetyFirst completed the work well and on time.
Supervisor of Buildings & Grounds
Roseville Schools, ISD 623
I would like to express my satisfaction with the wood chips and mats that we have purchased from SafetyFirst. The chips bind together well to make a nice playground surface with the fall protection we need. Bob has always had the materials delivered on a timely basis and is very pleasant to work with. I am sure we will be doing more business Bob and SafetyFirst in the future.
Parks and Forestry Superintendent
City of Brookings, SD