We eliminate barriers so all children can have access to the fun
Enhancing Playgrounds for an Inclusive Experience
SafetyFirst’s goal is to enhance playgrounds so all children can navigate independently to and within the playground. SafetyFirst is your single point of contact for improving your playground for ADA compliance. We can evaluate your playground to determine ADA solutions that can be added to the existing environment. As your single vendor for all your ADA compliant additions, from initial assessment and consultation to building custom pathways in-house to installing equipment and ADA playground surfaces, we guarantee an efficient process.
Our poured in place (PIP) option offers an even playground surface and allows for wheel-chair accessibility and additional ADA considerations to ensure every child can join in the fun. SafetyFirst makes reinforcing your playground with ADA considerations a simple choice with rewarding results.
SafetyFirst’s ADA Access Benefits
- Poured in place (PIP)- Creates a safe yet sturdy surfacing that allows children to independently navigate throughout the playground
- Custom ADA accessibility pathways- SafetyFirst designs and creates custom equipment or pathways, such as outdoor playground mats or poured in place (PIP), that enable all children to reach the playground features
- Nature’sPlus ADA playground surface- The knitted layering of Nature’sPlus engineered wood fiber surfacing passes ASTM 1951 for ADA Accessibility
- Supply ADA compliant equipment- Ability to supply and install adaptive equipment, such as swings or structures
SafetyFirst’s ADA Access Process
- Assess the existing playground area for ADA compliance
- Provide direction on best practices and options available to make the final decision
- Installing ADA compliant equipment or surfacing
What People Are Saying About Us
I have been using SafetyFirst surfacing material in my district’s playgrounds for several years now. We have been very impressed with the quality and impact attenuation of this product. I would highly recommend it for any organization looking for a quality, long lasting product for their playground surfacing needs.
Facilities and Safety Coordinator
Eden Prairie Schools, ISD 272
In my nearly 30 years of facility management, SafetyFirst is the finest playground service company I have worked with, Bob Clarin, president of SafetyFirst was always available and was on site daily. From the simplest repair, a missing bolt to a complete rebuild including drainage and play structure relocation, SafetyFirst completed the work well and on time.
Supervisor of Buildings & Grounds
Roseville Schools, ISD 623
I would like to express my satisfaction with the wood chips and mats that we have purchased from SafetyFirst. The chips bind together well to make a nice playground surface with the fall protection we need. Bob has always had the materials delivered on a timely basis and is very pleasant to work with. I am sure we will be doing more business Bob and SafetyFirst in the future.
Parks and Forestry Superintendent
City of Brookings, SD