Renew playground surfacing and restore your playground’s value
Out With the Old Surfacing and In With the New Surfacing
A deteriorating, moldy, or outdated playground surfacing is not only unappealing but it is a hazard to the children and a liability to the owner. SafetyFirst can perform a complete playground safety inspection, including the evaluation of playground safety products and surfacing, to identify and determine the renewal extent and budget. To renew playground surfacing, SafetyFirst will replace the playground flooring with a top-quality engineered wood fiber, Nature’sPlus, that guarantees long-lasting durability and safety.
SafetyFirst’s Playground Renewal Benefits
- Replace surface with Nature’sPlus- Engineered wood fiber made from 100% local Tamarack that is naturally resistant to mold and decay
- New surfacing meets ASTM and ADA standards- Nature’sPlus passes ASTM 1292 for Attenuation and ASTM 1951 for ADA Accessibility
- Do not damage equipment- When we renew playground surfacing, our cautious and attentive process safeguards existing equipment
- Diverse renewal experience- We have extensive experience working with different playground renewal equipment and locations of various sizes and material
SafetyFirst’s Playground Renewal Process
- Remove playground surface material, such as playground rubber mulch or decomposed wood mulch
- Add drainage base using drain tile and rock
- Top with new Nature’sPlus engineered wood fiber surfacing
What People Are Saying About Us
I have been using SafetyFirst surfacing material in my district’s playgrounds for several years now. We have been very impressed with the quality and impact attenuation of this product. I would highly recommend it for any organization looking for a quality, long lasting product for their playground surfacing needs.
Facilities and Safety Coordinator
Eden Prairie Schools, ISD 272
In my nearly 30 years of facility management, SafetyFirst is the finest playground service company I have worked with, Bob Clarin, president of SafetyFirst was always available and was on site daily. From the simplest repair, a missing bolt to a complete rebuild including drainage and play structure relocation, SafetyFirst completed the work well and on time.
Supervisor of Buildings & Grounds
Roseville Schools, ISD 623
I would like to express my satisfaction with the wood chips and mats that we have purchased from SafetyFirst. The chips bind together well to make a nice playground surface with the fall protection we need. Bob has always had the materials delivered on a timely basis and is very pleasant to work with. I am sure we will be doing more business Bob and SafetyFirst in the future.
Parks and Forestry Superintendent
City of Brookings, SD